Studio Developer contains a completely new and re-designed User Interface Designer.
Key features of the new UI Designer include:
- Undo/Redo - changes made to the design can be undone and redone.
- Window / Dialog size no longer restricted to the size of the monitor. The window / dialog box can be designed to any size with scrolling and zoom features in the UI designer.
- Windows and Dialogs for each procedure step are edited in independent editors allowing changes to different procedure step UI designs to be saved independently.
- Property tabs are used to specify all of the window and control properties, eliminating the need for most secondary pop-up dialog boxes.
- Direct editing / updating of co-ordinate values to allow precise positioning.
- Use of keyboard arrow keys to precisely move controls.
- Ability to design layout before binding controls to specific views.
- UI Snippets - commonly used controls can be placed in a shared 'snippet' library for easy reuse.
- Integrated support for enhanced Rapide controls. Note however that Rapide is not a pre-requisite.
- Visual indicators for tab sequencing.