The most important feature in Studio Developer is the new action diagram editor that combines the power, familiarity and strengths of the legacy toolset with many innovative features, including:
- Keyboard entry - use the keyboard to enter and modify statements.
- Undo/Redo - changes made to the action diagram can be undone and redone like most text based editors.
- Auto-suggest / complete - powerful wizards are available to auto-complete common statements.
- Flexible editing - The editor supports partially complete or invalid statements, which provides greater flexibility when editing statements since the action diagram statements only have to be consistent when you want to apply the changes to the local model.
- Copy/Paste - statements can be copied / pasted between action diagrams within the same model or across models.
- Statement Numbers - statements numbers are available, making locating statements easier.
- Code Snippets - common code can be placed in a shared 'snippet' library for easy reuse.
Statements are typed in using the keyboard with auto-complete.